Three Gatineau Hills farms have joined forces to offer you the 2nd edition of a fall festival to remember:
Farm Hop 2017: October 1 , 2017 from 10 am to 4 pm!
Here at Ferme et Forêt, you can:
– see sheep shearing
– visit the farm animals: Rose Nose the pig, chickens, sheep and a few other surprises
– eat some farm made goodies: maple tarts, quiches and wild food goodies
– visit the sugar shack and mushroom grove
– and much more: kids activities, live music and fun all around….
Visit farmhop.ca for more information.
Wild Foraging at Ferme et Forêt: Sunday June 4, 2017
Fiddleheads, wild cherries, cattail hearts, these are some of the plants you might encounter and taste during a Ferme et Forêt Wild Foraging Workshop. These workshops aim to introduce participants to wild edible plants that are easy to identify, safe to eat and abundant, in order for participants to keep foraging on their own.
We’ll start off with a short introduction covering the benefits of eating wild foods, the ethics of wild foraging, and safety tips. The bulk of the time is spent in the fields and forests, where participants learn to identify edible plants and their habitats, and discuss ways to prepare and cook nature’s bounty. Throughout the session, foragers are encouraged to taste what we find in the forest and in the fields.
Geneviève LeGal-Leblanc, co-owner of Ferme et Forêt, grew up foraging alongside her family and has deepened her knowledge through professional courses on wild harvesting. She has harvested literally tons of pounds of wild food, and has been harvesting commercially for over 4 years. She is an advocate for responsible and ethical harvesting and carries a deep appreciation for the bounty of nature.
Next Foraging Workshop: June 4, 2017 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Cost per participant: $30
Registration: Please email us your name and phone number. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Your spot will be reserved once we receive your payment. Payment can be done in the following ways:
– The old fashion way: cheque: made out to Geneviève LeGal-Leblanc and sent to: Ferme et Forêt, 225 chemin Shouldice, Wakefield, QC, J0X 3G0
– By email money transfer (please indicate your name in the ‘Message’ section). Can be sent to email@example.com.
– Directly at the farm (cash or cheque).
Once we receive your payment, we will email you more details (what to bring, where to park, etc.).
There is a limit of 12 participants per group.
The workshop will happen rain or shine.
If you would like to organize a workshop at another date, please contact us to explore possibilities.